Your PSP, like most portable consoles, features a headphone jack. The use of headphones is very handy in cases where you don’t want the sound to disturb others, or when your environment distracts you, impacting your gaming experience.
Headphone jack damage
Rarely the PSP may suffer damage to the headphone jack. A malfunctioning port may be a result of accident, bad or intensive use, or manufacturing defect.
It is easy to notice the issue on your headphone jack. If you experience one or more of the following:
- No sound to your earphones.
- Noise or sudden sound spikes to your ears.
- Inconsistencies to the sound quality.
- The integrated microphone on a compatible headset doesn’t work, while the console microphone does.
- The jack is broken and the headphones don’t plug in properly.
Then it is very likely your PSP needs a repair service. In order to make sure of damage to your headphone jack, you can try different functional headsets on different devices. If the problem persists, don’t worry. Bring your PSP to EasyService!
Repairing the damage:
We thoroughly check your device to pinpoint the source of the malfunction. After the exact issue is identified, we inform you of the repair necessity and proceed with repairing or replacing the faulty subsystem.