During the concept stage of the Playstation 3, Sony calculated the chances of overheating and adapted its design to minimize the risk. After long periods of use, your PS3 can get quite warm, such temperatures though are considered to be within accepted levels.
Despite Sony’s best efforts, many users have reported overheating issues. The causes may vary, with the most frequent being:
- Defective Hardware
- Damage to the ventilation system
- Bad placement of the Playstation 3 (crammed spaces, insufficient ventilation)
- The fans are not working, or are overloaded.
- Your PS3 is unusually hot.
- The device is showing yellow light on the (normally green) power LED light.
- Your console abruptly shuts down after extended use.
If you see signs of overheating, bring your PS3 at EasyService!
We thoroughly test your device and pinpoint the root of the problem. If the cause is mechanical defect or failure, we repair it immediately.
Then, we perform all the necessary steps to minimize the average temperature of the Playstation 3 so that you can enjoy countless gaming hours without worries!